When looking for a North Calgary family dentist, you should know that it is all about finding a good partner to bolster everyone's oral health in your household. A quality dental team will learn about your family history, log all checkups, ensure you have regular cleanings, and handle any dental emergencies that may arise. When it is time to look for a new dentist, there are several things to keep in mind.
Taking a look at these details when searching for a dentist will put you at ease:
When you choose a general dentist, they can educate you on daily dental hygiene, provide common dental services, and offer emergency appointments should something happen. With a general care dentist, you will usually find services such as:
- Dental fillings
You may find that there will be a time when you need to see a specialty dentist for one reason or another. These specialists will tackle procedures that may not be done in-office at your regular dentist. Some of these situations may include:
- Extensive cosmetic work
- Damaged teeth due to an accident
- Oral health concerns
- And more
It is important to know that dental offices will operate in a variety of capacities. This is why it is better to research first before selecting a North Calgary family dentist to handle your needs. Some dental offices will handle both general and specialty services, including pediatric care, oral surgery, and beyond.
Selecting Your Dental Office
Knowing what makes a good dentist is just half of the battle. It would help if you also researched to find out what their current clients have to say, which can be done several ways. Take the time to talk with friends, family members, and any co-workers that have been to the dental offices that you have on your list.
After you gather references or read up on reviews online, you should always schedule an appointment so that you can visit the office in person. This is your time to get to know the dentist, the staff, and ask a variety of questions, such as:
- Are you accepting new patients?
- How long have you been practicing in this location?
- How long have you been practicing in general?
- Are you able to accommodate patients with special conditions, i.e., handicaps, autism, special needs kids, diabetes, etc.?
- Do you offer dental services for adults and children?
- How far are you booking out appointments?
- Will there be a fee for any canceled or missed appointments?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- How can I find out if you take my insurance?
- Do you accept co-pays, or will the full amount be due at the time of service?
You may have plenty of questions when looking for a North Calgary family dentist, so we want to put your mind at ease here at Sarcee Dental! We have a team ready to address your questions and concerns or to book your initial consultation. Give us a call today at (587) 319-0856 or book your appointment online here.North Calgary Family Dentist